Trauma survey for members
Featured Articles Created by NZPA
This month the association is supporting Dr den Heyer’s work by distributing his survey, which has an emphasis on exposure to traumatic events, to our members, serving and retired.
The structure of the survey was developed in the United States by the Department of Veterans Affairs which used it to assess soldiers exposed to battle. It was also previously used in New Zealand by the Defence Force in conjunction with Otago University.
Dr den Heyer has tailored the survey to make it relevant to policing.
In his role as an instructor and contributor to various academic institutions in the US and in Britain, he has previously researched policing of riots, the use of Tasers and the policing of minority communities, including the use of iwi liaison officers in New Zealand.
In this issue
- Credit where it's due
- Health & Wellbeing: 'I thought I had it under control'
- IAM KEEN (November)
- Trauma survey for members
- Ten Questions with...
- Conference 2020: It takes two
- Conference 2020: Safety first
- Conference 2020: Focus on the the frontline
- Conference 2020: Putting PST first
- Head start
- President's Column: Opportunity for real change